Re: Shell removal

Subject: Re: Shell removal
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 17:14:00 -0500
Hi Patrick!

>         I also went to see the distributor of POR-15 and got alot of
> information. He told me to simply wire brush lightly the rust on the frame
> and then just simply paint. Has anyone tried this before? Should I rather go
> as far as bare metal then paint? He said it would cost me a fortune if I do
> it that way. I am confused on what I should do. Help!

POR-15 *IS* intended for use over rust.  It inhibits it and seals it so
it won't rust any more.  You need to wire brush it just to get the loose
scale off so it won't make a mess when you paint, and so the paint will
work on the rust attached to the metal.  You DO NOT have to go to bare
metal.  Just don't use it where the sun will hit it for long periods of
time (body, outer trim, etc.) since it oxydizes unless top coated.
Believe your rep -- what he claims is true IS.

Best of luck!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   %)