troubleshooting wipers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: troubleshooting wipers
From: "William West" <Will_Thane@classic.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 97 23:00:02 UT
76 Spitfire...wipers don't work.  The PO said that they worked before he took
the car apart to be painted, but didn't work when he reassembled. Any ideas
where to even start troubleshooting this one?  I suspect the switch, because
there is way to much room for the knob to turn on either side of on/off, but
having never owned a Triumph automobile before, am not certain.  Now, before
we listen too closely to the PO, keep in mind, this car was terribly
neglected, and I think that the PO bought the car for a stylish statement,
never intending to preserve her...sheeeeshhhh...

(as a side  note:  why would this guy pay an extra five hundred bucks to the
body shop to repair a crease in the bonnet, when he could of purchased a
replacement from one of the after market dealers for around $400???)

Will

PS.  Thanks to those who responded to my brake question.  I'm going for the
cheap fix first...ie. rebuild the MC.  If that doesn't work, then the only
possibility is that I damaged the caliper bores and will have to fork out a
few extra bucks (ouch!)