re: Rover V8 into Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Rover V8 into Spitfire
From: Jim Faulkner <jrf@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 18:52:52 -0600
A fellow I work with raced a modified Spitfire in the late 60's or early
70's. It had a Buick 215 installed. I'm told it was one heck of a hill
climber. He has a picture of it over his desk, and it is obviously not
stock, as evidenced by the 8 velocity stacks emerging from the engine bay.
He was rather patient with my questions, so I'll get back to him and take a
few notes. There were other drivetrain mods, but I can't remember specifics.

I am leaving tomorrow to eventually attend Triumphfest, and will get back
to the list next week with some of the details, once I get a chance to talk
to him .