Re: RAFL

To: Douglas Mitchell <dmitchell@ford.com>
Subject: Re: RAFL
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 09:58:40 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Curry wrote:

> Douglas Mitchell wrote:
> >
> > On Oct 8,  1:38pm, Joe Curry wrote:
> > > Subject: Re: Weber DCOE
> >

> > > Also, when I was in England in 71-73 (RAF Lakenheath), I noticed a fair
> > > amount of F4 Phantom aircraft with RAF markings flying around.  What's
> > > up with that??
> > >
> > > Joe '63 Spit
> > >-- End of excerpt from Joe Curry
> >
> > Hey Joe,
> >
> > What area did you work in at RAFL? I was there 9/73 - 9/77. PME Lab.
> > Maybe we have some mates in common.
> >
> > Or did I go around with you on this a year or so back? From the
> > Coronation Street newsgroup?
> >
> > It's hard to get old, can't remember ...? What was I  going to say?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Doug Mitchell
> > dmitchel@ismi.net
> > dmitchel@ford.com
> > '73 Spitfire 1500 - Now celebrating 22 years of ownership.

Doug,
I was in the 48 AMS specifically, the ECM shop. At the time it was to
your left as you walked out the door of the Precision Maintenance
Equipment Laboratiory.  I know because I was the shop's PMEL Monitor
and was responsible for keeping the test equipment calibrated on
schedule.

I left in May 73 to go back to the world and finish my education at
Texas Tech.  Before leaving, I shipped my Cherry '52 TD back to the
Port of Houston.  That cost me a grand total of $250.00 including
insurance.  My how times change.

Keep in touch,
Joe Curry  '63 Spit