Re: Spit-6 (from Florida) questions

To: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit-6 (from Florida) questions
From: Bill Woodruff <woodruff@fail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 17:17:25 -0700
At 10:16 PM 10/15/97 -0700, Bob Sykes wrote:
>in the corner of the back parking lot.  Further
>investigation revealed that the car was a Spit-6, and for
>sale.  I gave it a cursory inspection, and talked with the
>current owner briefly.  The CO knows little about the

>I plan on returning for a more thorough look at this car.

Bob,

        Having made this conversion, I think your best bet is to try and
determine
if this car is a Spitfire with a GT6 motor or a GT6 with a Spitfire
bodyshell.  Perhaps it is neither, but as you imply in your original
message, you really want to make sure you have the GT6 running gear.  Be
careful to check for any mix-n-match in the hydraulic systems.  You might
get a good assessment of the builder's workmanship by examining the cut in
the firewall which must be made to clear the GT6 starter bulge.  I hope it
turns out to be a nice car for you.

Willaim Woodruff                                woodruff@fail.com
San Francisco, CA