Thrust SSC(last time)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thrust SSC(last time)
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 21:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
Listers,It's official,the Thrust SSC team have done it,they achieved  what
many considered impossible and officially drove through the 'sound barrier'
twice within the hour,exactly 50 years and one day after Chuck
Yager,(Jaeger?)
(my apologies for my spelling of your heros' name!)
became the first man to officially travel faster than the speed of sound.
back on 14th October 1947,at what is now Edwards AFB,I believe.
Andy Green the driver/RAF pilot stepped forth from the dusty black machine
and declared this is "A TRIUMPH OF BRITISH ENGINEERING"
So that was their secret ingredient!
Don't anyone tell Craig Breedlove,he might start welding TR6 engines
together!
All the best
Leon