Last message on Fuel tank repair

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Last message on Fuel tank repair
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 19:30:46 -0700
To wrap up the continuing saga of my fuel leak problem, I am sending
my final report on the progress of the repair. (I hope)

Yesterday, I took the tank out and went through all the precautionary
safety measures and followed one suggestion and used lead to seal the
leak.  It looked good, seemed to flow into the hole.  So I cooled it
down, removed all the excess moisture and before installing it, poured
a gallon of gas into it... then watched it leak out.

Repeated above referenced steps, this time I used additional quantities
of Brass rod..... Still leaked.

Whet to the woodshed...that's right, woodshed, and retriever the tank
from the '75 Spit parts car.  Had to adapt the fuel line (sucks fuel
out the top rather than gravety feed out the botton) Repainted the tank
installed it and finally.  You won't hear any more about the subject.

Joe Curry    '63 Spit