Re: Triumph colouring

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Triumph colouring
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:23:26 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:

> Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>      I have seen computer programs where you can check out what your house
>      will look like by picking your favourite colours and having the PC
>      "paint" the house.

Flashy hair salons also have one where you look at yourself with a new
'do.  TRUST THE COMPUTER...  THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND (aiee!!!)

>      I don't know how to do it, but would anyone be up to doing this with
>      the various Triumph models?

Myself any my brother have been tossing around an idea like this, but it
would take _any_ car, and you could throw expensive mods at it and see
what it looks like (mag wheels, lowered, blown, funky paint etc)

It seems to be taking an awful long time though :-(

>      I imagine line drawings of the cars onto which you add your colours,
>      both interior and exterior, to see what they'll look like before
>      ordering new interiors or painting them (or both).

I'm guessing a wireframe would look best, and be easiest to have a
computer reproduce.  My only stumps are getting to all the different cars
in order to make accurate body measurements :-)

I suppose I should finish the code first :-) :-)

And if I ever do, the TR4 will be first, because it's in my back yard. :-)

-Malcolm