Re: Triumph colouring

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumph colouring
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:40:55 -0500

    Trevor> JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:
    >> I have seen computer programs where you can check out
    >> what your house will look like by picking your
    >> favourite colours and having the PC "paint" the house.
    >>
    >> I don't know how to do it, but would anyone be up to
    >> doing this with the various Triumph models?

    Trevor>   I have done this in one-off versions on my MG
    Trevor> using just photoshop. Some of the results are
    Trevor> surprising realistic, I have a few on my web page
    Trevor> (address in the .sig, click little british car,
    Trevor> then fun cars).

    Trevor>   I don't know about doing a series of them, would
    Trevor> probably be easier to collect photos of TRs in any
    Trevor> colour you can find and just make a menu. The
    Trevor> highlights and shading is very difficult to get
    Trevor> right even by hand, let alone automated.

I'd love to find a way to do this.  I'm seriously thinking of
not painting Sonja Spa White (or Olde English White) as she
was from the factory if I put the surrey top on her.  I'm
afraid that her lines will be diminished if I do a
white-over-white paint job.  I've seen an ex-works rallye TR-4
with a hardtop painted white over BRG and I kinda liked that,
but I don't know how it would look with the surrey.  I know I
don't want to keep the red.  It just isn't me.
                                                        -MM