RE: bending fuel lines

To: "'Malcolm Walker'" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: bending fuel lines
From: "Wood, Jeff" <JWood@MediaOne.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 15:18:09 -0400

> parts
> tubing. Ask
> > >
> > > Do you mean a swaging hammer?   I've never seen one small enough
> to flare
> > > brake hoses.
> >
> > A hammer! Noooooo! It's a 2 piece bar that you insert the tube into.
> The
> > bar is drilled out to enclose several different diameters of tubing.
> <snip>
>
> Actually I meant "Is the plumbing style flaring tool a swaging
> hammer"...
>
> I know what a brake line flare tool looks like, I've got one (and have
> used it!)

Like a double-flare tool? It collapses part of the tube, then using the
flare tool, it presses the two layers of metal into a flare. I can't
really describe the process...

The problem I've had in the past is that the brake line is hard to
collapse. What about heating the area to soften it, then make your
flare?