Re: TR3 or TR4?? Help!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 or TR4?? Help!!
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 15:24:35 -0400 (EDT)
The answer is, it depends...

Both the TR3 and TR4 share very similar and sometimes identical components.
 The 3s leak, the top will blow off in a storm, and the steering is heavier
at parking lot speeds.  But they look great and I love the cut down doors.
 However, the side curtains can be a pain and there's little enough room in
the boot for them and anything else.

The TR4 top stays up and generally keeps water out, the roll up windows are
nice to have, the steering is much lighter and you can actually put stuff in
the trunk.  Much more civilized, at least by 1963 standards.

Either car seems to attract the attention of little kids, ie; "Great car,
man..."  Mechanically there's no appreciable difference that I can see.  Ride
is the same, handling at speed is about the same if both cars are set up the
same.

In short, up to you, bud...

G'luck...
Don Marshall