MGB vs. TR6

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB vs. TR6
From: Robert Shaffer <rshaffer@gmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 21:53:58 -0700
Hello fellow listers.  Can someone tell me if a TR6 has more torque
than an MGB? (I believe that's the 4 cyl. 70s MG.  Feel free to correct
me)  What I'm thinking is that if it has 2 more cylinders then it may
have more torque, but then again that may depend on the size of
displacement.  Anyway, what I'm getting at here is that I just want to
know if the TR6 has better acceleration.  My friend claims no, and that
I should buy his MG  instead of a TR6.  Despite the fact that the TR6
looks better than his MG, I'm also hoping it has a little more, well,
spirit.  Thanks for your response.

                                                        -Robert