FW: 79 spit electrical "clicking"

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: 79 spit electrical "clicking"
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:28:56 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match "/<HTML>/i" at
line 32]

     Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 12:08:24 -0600
     From: "Richard Bonilla" <rbonilla@holly.colostate.edu>
     Subject: 79 spit electrical "clicking"

I am driving a '79 spitfire, the other day at the beginning of a 40min
drive, I noticed a clicking sound 3-5min into the drive. I thought it
might be coming from the axles or wheels, as I listened carefully, I
discovered it coming   from under the dash. It was clicking in groups of
5-10 clicks every 10-15 seconds or so. They were rapid groups of clicks.
I put my fingers on a little electrical box mounted under the dash
panel, on the drivers left (on a left hand drive spit). I could feel the
box vibrate on each click. The little box was not hot, or even warm. A
quick check of lights, horn, signals and all other electrical items
showed no signs of "distress" and operated normally. Any ideas on what
is going on? The clicking went away 2-3min later, and my drive was
normal from then on (an awsome  fall day, top down cruise) . Is this the
turn signal blinkers acting up? Thanx in advance for any feedback/advice.

richard bonilla/colorado