Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry

To: TR DOCTOR <TRDOCTOR@aol.com>
Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 19:53:50 -0800
Cc: EPaul21988@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vtr@Autox.Team.Net
TR DOCTOR wrote:

>  Joe's interest is different and for a different purpose, from mine and from
>  those of the various clubs or 'Registers".
>  Bob Paul
>  Corrales NM
>
>   >>
> I laud (sp?) your efforts and here is the info on my '3A:
> TS45355LO
> 1959
> Red with Grey interior
> Sam Clark
> VTR South Central Regional Coordinator
> 13415 So. 127th E. Ave.
> Broken Arrow, OK  74011-7444
> (918) 455-8993

Please,
And I am not getting defensive, but Somebody tell me why my efforts to
compile a Spitfire database are less authentic or legitimate than others
who are doing the same thing for other cars.  My curiousity was what
started me on my quest.  In the beginning, I was only interested in the
early Spits, but people I talked with convinced me to include the later
ones too, So I did.

Originally, my search was for my own consumption.  I had no intention of
sharing the data with anyone.  However, people I discussed the project
with convinced me that the information once collected would be valuable
to anybody who either owned one or planned to aquire one.  Based on the
interest, I was encouraged to share the information.  In order to
encourage participation in the project, I decided that the internet was
the perfect forum to publish the information.

At that point, all Hell broke loose.  People started crawling out of the
woodwork to tell me how dangerous it was to do what I am doing.  Once
again, I encourage public debate on the pros and cons of the project.  I
accept any constructive inputs on how and where to post the information
as well as what information should and should not be included.  At this
point I have all the accumulated data under wraps and nobody has access
to it but me.

So, In the future, I would appreciate any reference to me or my project
be addressed to me personally and not posted on the group mail list,
where it only causes ill feelings and incites controversy.  The mail
list I think is for other more beneficial purposes.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Joe Curry   '63 Spit (Yes, the doors have returned)

Doors at last, Doors at last.... Thank God Almighty, I've got doors at
last!