RE: Photo Studio (wasVote for British Car)

To: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>, DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: RE: Photo Studio (wasVote for British Car)
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 21:25:38 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At  1:25 PM 11/5/97 -0600, Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 wrote:

>    The photographers name is Joe Ashe ((417)750-8182) and was looking
>looking for some practice shooting larger items like vehicles. For a
>nominal($20?) fee he took several shots from all angles and lighting
>combinations. Of course he would make enlargements for a small fee but the
>best deal was he gave all the photos to you unmarked. I ended up with about
>15 shots of my car from a large format camera. Not a bad deal.

Not a bad deal at all considering that he was doing this for you at his
costs.  You got some very good photos that you would not otherwise have.
He got practice, negatives, and some very nice promotion.

He could use the photos himself as portfolio examples of his work to drum
up additional business.  This, along with the practice could be a good way
to get started in this kind of photography.  You have already shown his
image, provided him a recomendation, name recognition and spread his phone
number around.  For you it was a $20 very well spent.  For him it was a few
hundred dollars worth of his professional time very well spent.  I would
call that an excellent bit of promotion.

Did you sign a model release for the car?  If you did you may even find it
in a calander or book one of these years.

TeriAnn Wakeman            For personal mail, please start subject line
Santa Cruz California      with TW.  I belong to 4 high volume mail lists
twakeman@scruznet.com      and do not read a lot of threads..Thanks

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better.' So I bought a Macintosh."