Re: GT6/Lucas Sport Coil plug gap?

To: msecres@ibm.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6/Lucas Sport Coil plug gap?
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:16:27 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-07 11:04:15 EST, msecres@ibm.net writes:

> My LBC mechanic says to stick with a stock gap (.025 of an inch), though
>  I have heard others say it should be wider?  Hmmm.

Martin:

You can certainly stick with the standard gap if you wish, without any
problems, but you won't get any benefit from the higher output of the Sport
Coil if you do. If you leave the gap the same, you may as well stick with the
stock coil. I wrote a short article on this on the VTR web site that you may
want to check out. It can be found at:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/ballast.html

Hope that helps.

Dan Masters,