Re: TR4 in the Movies

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 in the Movies
From: Dean Paige <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 10:40:48 -0800
Joe Curry wrote:

> I was doing a little channel surfing and stopped on the local UPN
> station long enough to catch a baby blue TR4 pulling a travel trailer.
> I was curious enough to look in the TV Guide and saw that it was a 1965
> movie called "Fluffy" with Tony Randall.  Something about a domesticated
> lion.
>
> Anybody pull a trailer behind their TR?
>
> Joe Curry   '63 Spit

Joe,

Never pulled a trailer, but for a couple of years I did pull aroung a
Glaspar 16 ft. runabout equipped with a 50 horse Evinrude with my 67
TR-4a. The boat was considerably larger than the car and we used to get
some strange looks. Could be though that the looks weren't so strange...
the blond that rode with me at the time was an out and out knock out and
always attracted more attention than the car itself. We used to drive it
from Oak Brook, IL to Lake Geneva, Wi for water skiiing trips about every
two weeks in the summers of 69, 70. The 4a performed great under the load
but the next year the trans counter shaft failed. I'm convinced that
trailing the boat had something to do with it. Off to the Navy the next
year and there went the blond. I still dream of her and the car. Its
amazing the sexual acrobatics that can be performed in a TR (or
runabout) with diligent application of efforts.

Deano