RE: TR e-mail responses (somewhat long)

To: "'Triumph'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR e-mail responses (somewhat long)
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:14:18 -0500
I will add my support to the Subj line Identifier debate.  Although a
different and perhaps more effective reader would help with filtering
mail to a variety of folders, the fact still is that it is sometimes
very difficult to quickly go through the 50-70 posts each day from this
list.  And if you are on multiple lists, ...

I access my mail from 4 different computers (depending on where I am
working) of which only one I have some control over the software on the
system.    These vary from Pine (Unix) to MS Outlook and include direct
and pop-up mail access.    I can handle the idiosyncracies of the
readers, but the mail itself makes it the most difficult.  The following
list is the subject lines from the December 1st Digest version of this
list.    IF I was interested in TR-6 stuff, it is extremely easy to work
through those items that are relevant or to eliminate if I am not.   But
some of the others ???

The practice of putting a Model Prefix in the subject line should be
considered a courtesy to the other list members.  Peter's suggestion is
valid, and I for one would appreciate it's general acceptance.  And if
the post is relevant for all models then use TR as a prefix

JMTCW...  Carl

garage safetyu (fred thomas)
  Re: brake master cyl (2) ("Bollen")
  Re: brake master cyl
  Re: TR6 Windshield Wipers ("Jim Altman")
  Re: TR6 Windshield Wipers
  Re: tr6 pictures (Bollen)
  Re: tr-6 front suspension ("Robert J. Carley")
  Re: tr6 pictures ("Robert J. Carley")
  Moral dilemma ("John Schroth")
  Toddler Run (David Hodge)
  Re: TR6 Resto.Questions (Turner & Turner)
  Re: Moral dilemma ("Robert J. Carley")
  Reinstalling water pump and radiator (J81293)
  73 TR6 frt. bumper ("Robert J. Carley")
  Re: Moral dilemma (Bollen)
  Spitfire egine swap ("jay pollmann")
  Re: TR4 in the Movies, Towing ("Keith A. Edwards")
  SpitBits December Specials (Joe Curry)
  TR6 - engine to bellhousing attachments (Peter J Barrance)
  Test only (ArthurK101)
  Re: Moral dilemma (msecres)
  Re: Getting in gear (msecres)
  TR3B windshield washers (Lftlesl)
  Re: Moral dilemma ("Bollen")
  Re: Moral dilemma
  1972 TR-6 Originality Question (Joseph Burlein)
  Re: Door towels WAS: Getting in gear (Buff) Haines"
<carbuff@scooter.net>
  Re: 73 TR6 frt. bumper (Gary Oehrle)
  Tr4A rear seal (Junboot)
  Trailering (Bill Wood)
  Steering column (Bob)
  More on kit cars (Joe Curry)
  RE: Reinstalling water pump and radiator (Peter Zaborski)
  RE: TR6 - engine to bellhousing attachments (Peter Zaborski)
  Re: Door towels WAS: Getting in gear ("Andrew Lindeman")
  Nut size... ("Bob Danielson")
  tr6 diff mount cracks - followup (Peter Zaborski)
  Brake Rotor  and Clean-up Question (David Moag)

        [Musson, Carl]  snipped for band width