Re: Steering Wheel Headaches

To: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Headaches
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 16:48:26 +0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Alan Camhi wrote:

> I ordered my [Moto-Lita] wheel...it was/is absolutely stunning.

> The problem is that the hub that came with the wheel does not perfectly
> fit and mate to the steering column and housing.  It has an inside
> diameter that is too small, not to mention that the hub is too long.

> I spoke to Enzo after discovering this and was told that "he hates these
> cars and that most of them have replacement steering columns that with
> will not mate with the hub supplied by Moto-Lita"....

A friend had a similar problem with a TR-250 he bought in 1996. It had a
Moto-Lita when he bought it, but the wheel rubbed against the ORIGINAL
steering column housing. Liking the wheel ok but not liking the rubbing
and its consequences, he bought another Moto-Lita, similar but with the
wood rim. Same problem. Ultimately he bought a repro original wheel from
TRF. THAT seems to fit just fine.

FWIW....

--Andy