Grease seal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Grease seal
From: Vintner1 <Vintner1@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:46:01 EST
Hello, this is Anthony Parker.  I would like to know wether or not the felt
with metal backing grease seal that goes behind the inner bearing on the front
hub of a 60 TR3 is pressed in the hub or just sits on the stub axel.  The
seals that I took off were pressed in the hub, but these have pretty thick
felt and I can't get it compressed enough to stay in the hub.  If I did get
them to stay in the hub there would be alot of friction between the innner
bearing and the seal.  In other words should the seal stay still when the
wheel is moving or should it rotate with the wheel.

Please write and Thanks alot.
Vintner1@aol.com
60 TR3A.