Re: TR6 Wiper Motor

To: John <HDRIDER570@aol.com>, list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Wiper Motor
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 14:15:47 -0500
HDRIDER570  writes:

>The wiper on my 69 TR6 project car will not self park.  Both wiper speeds
>operate correctly and I checked the connection at the motor and it seems
>clean.  The green wire from the fuse box has 12 volts at the wiper motor
plug
>when the key is on.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?

>John

John,

There is a switch deep within the bowels of the wiper motor assembly
that makes the circuit allowing the motor to continue to run until
the blades reach the parked position.  This switch is connected to
black wire which should provide continuity to chassis ground.  If you
have an ohmmeter, unplug the connector and check for zero ohms from the
black wire connector terminal to battery negative.  If this connection
is good then I would suspect the internal switch which will require
disassembly of the wiper motor.  Sorry.

good luck

Dave Massey
71 TR6
74 TR6
78 TR7

"Life is too boring to drive short cars"