TR6-NEW clutch slave cyl question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6-NEW clutch slave cyl question
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 15:05:38 -0500 (EST)
Thanks to all who answered my first question on rebuilding the slave cylinder
- it was obvious after I got it torn apart.

Thought I had that bugger licked - BUT

After putting it all back together and while bleeding the system I noticed
that the pison in the slave cylinder when engaged was pushed 1/2 way out of
the cylinder housing.  This is far enough that it caused the rubber boot over
the end opening and push rod to push off of the cylinder exposing the cup
that the rod fits into.  My guess is that this is what caused the seal to
fail in the first place (got some grit in it - an obivous tear in the edge of
the seal that I replaced)

For the life of me I can't figure out why the piston is pushing out this far
- it isn't normal is it??

There is some play in the clutch shaft assembly - and yes I do have the fork
in the middle hole.  However the clutch seems to work OK.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here??

TIA
JoeSimcoe