Re: TR4 seatbelt installation questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 seatbelt installation questions
From: Mark Clark <clarkm@OIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:42:31 -0800
  I did this four years ago right after I bought the Tiggermobile - I
remember it as being one of the easier tasks in fixing the havoc created by
the DPO.  Removing the seats, jacking the car up well off the ground in the
rear, and removing the rear wheeels makes access easier, but I'm sure you
figured that out already.  I assume your kit came with those really big
washers to put at the mounting poits?

  One thing you might consider is something I did with the mount for the
shoulder belt.  Rather than drilling a hole in the trim panel behind the
seat, I mounted the bracket under the trim panel.  The belt comes out at
the front of the trim panel, between the panel and the door post.  Since
all my trim (aside from carpet) is original, I wanted to avoid cutting it.
Seemed to me to be a more secure way of doing things that eliminated some
shims - I'd be interested to hear what others might think of the idea.

Dr. Mark Clark
Oregon Institute of Technology