Need throttle linkage for 69 Spit dual SU's

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need throttle linkage for 69 Spit dual SU's
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 16:56:38 -0500
Now that Freddy is (mostly) in storage for the winter, thoughts turn to
what needs to be done to him for next year. He is a mostly 77 Spit with a
69 1300 motor with dual SU's. Unfortunatly he does not have the correct
throttle linkage - I am missing the "bell crank" arrangement that increases
the movement of the throttles relative to movement of the throttle pedal.
This results in extremely long pedal travel - heel-and-toe is out of the
question. The DPO fitted a simple bent piece of aluminum with a slot in it
for the cable to slot into, with the cable directly attached to the lower
linkage. Anyone out there know where I can get the correct parts at a
reasonable price?

TIA
Kevin Rhodes
77 (mostly) Spitfire named Freddy