Fish tailing

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fish tailing
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 14:34:58 +0000
I own a '79 spit, that I just got working (new engin).
Untill now all the cars I have driven, and the one I have
owned have been front wheel drive.

I am having problems with the back end doing what it likes,
I know this is not rare, but it does it a bit to much, even
fancy new tires on the back.  An example, going to work one
day, Oxfordshire having no money descided not to grit.  So
I took it slowy round a corner 15 mph on a corner normaly
taken at 40, I got round and started to accellerate, all
of a suden the car was heading towards a field, then the
one on the other side of the road, and then towards a very
frightened oncoming car, before streightening out.  I am
beging to think the suspection is making matters worse.  I
have noticed a noking/ratteling sound when descelerating
from the back.  This goes when acceleating.  The other thing
is the back is slightly lopsided(down on the drivers side).

Any tips on how to keep the car heading where I wan't it to,
I'm thinking bags of sand + the old engin in the boot.

Any sugestions on how to stay alive through the winter.

James