TR4 Flywheel Bolts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Flywheel Bolts
From: Schloss3 <Schloss3@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 20:09:37 EST
I'm getting ready to mount the flywheel and I'm not sure what the proper bolts
should be.  This is a put back together project that I didn't start.  The
original workshop manual mentions not using the locking tabs after a certain
point.  I checked the Moss catalog which lists locking tabs up to CT34072.
After that, it lists a self locking bolt.  I don't think I have the original
motor, the car is CT133.  My question is whether it makes a difference.  Does
anyone know what makes the later bolts special as not to require the locking
tabs?

Also a question about torque wrenches.  I was given 3 of these, 1 being the
standard craftsman in foot lbs and 2 others which measure in inch pounds.
These are smaller and could be more convienent to use.  Is there a way to
convert from foot lbs to inch lbs?

Thanks,
Paul
High Point, NC