Re: TR6 head mod.

To: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 head mod.
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 11:51:37 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andy,
I can't get too technical with this, but I'll relate what my experiences are
with a "race prepared" head for a Spitfire 1500 engine.

If you shave off about 1/4" you can expect the following:
1. Massive pinging that the highest octane fuel available won't cure.
2. To buy a head gasket a week.
3. About 260 psi compression
4. Overheating
5. To buy at least one new piston.
6. Never to be able to get the thing to run right until you remove the
"ruined" head

I'm sure that somebody can provide adequate "do's" on the subject.  But I
thought a "Don't" inserted in the proper place was appropriate.

Good Luck
Joe Curry