TR3A Instrument Panel and Wipers

To: TR Digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3A Instrument Panel and Wipers
From: John Pike <100400.3704@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 06:20:12 -0500
Gentlefolk,

In Digest #918, Jim Wallace asked a couple of questions relating to the
colour of TR3A instrument panels, and the colour of the wiper motor
pedestal.

I am new to this computer stuff, and consider that I am only marginally
above total computer illiteracy.  I have been on the list for a month or
so, and this is my first attempt at a reply - so if you read this I guess
I've passed the first hurdle.

I'm one of those fortunate people who are now becoming middle-aged, but who
bought a TR when they were brand new.  With the advantage of age, plus a
few photos, I can advise that the instrument panel on the 3A is supposed to
be a black crackle finish.  In turn, the wiper pedestal was semi-gloss
black.  That was certainly the case for right hand drive cars despatched to
Australia, although obviously I can't speak for the left hookers.

I won't go on any further, in case I am wasting my time and this message
disappears into the ether.  If it doesn't, I look forward to participating
on the list.

John Pike

TR3A