Soft/Hard top, Headlamps.

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Soft/Hard top, Headlamps.
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 15:54:43 +0000
My fiber glass hard top for the spitfire has developed
a crack running round the drivers door.  What is the
best way of fixing this?

Has anyone managed to replace the plastic window in
a soft top, mine is split and weatherd, I was thinking
of getting some tent PVC window from a local camping
shop.  How should I atach it?

Are the halogen head lamp conversion kits any good,
my seald beam bulb is just about to go, Halfords charge
@6-7 Pounds for a single replacement.  Where is the best
place to buy these from, I am thinking of getting a relay
and putting in 80-100W bulbs, so I can at least see a couple
of yards infront when Stupid people illegaly put on front
fog lamps in clear conditions with dipped headlamps.
(Personaly I think they should make fog lamps switch
off the diped beam so as to stop dazeling, I mean when
you use them you see best if you don't have dipped
headlamps on, just side lamps.)  Any way will normal
conversions take these bulbs with uprated wiring, and relay?

I always remember driving along a dark country road in the
spifire, in the wet, with somone refusing to turn off there
full beam, fog and driving lamps.  With me armed with pethetic
Lucas headlamps, and an extreamly large puddel (flood)  4" deep
right across the road which I did not see (I saw the road just,
I mean the puddel), and aquaplained accross the puddel, and
ended up heading towards the other car (not fun).

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by two drunk llamas after a heavy party