Re: Unleaded Fuel / Valve seat inserts

To: bschwart@pacbell.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel / Valve seat inserts
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 15:58:10 EST
In a message dated 15/12/97  15:29:08, you write:

<<
 I had the same valve seat recession on my GT6+ after restoring the car,
 after only about 5,000 miles.  Had the head rebuilt, new valves all around,
 hardened exhaust seats, and springs.  Haven't had a problem since.  Now if
 I can just keep it from running on after I shut it off!!!

 Barry Schwartz
 bschwart@pacbell.net >>

Thank you very much Barry,your input is appreciated.
In view of the fact that the good folk who have responded to me seem to have
had such variable experiences from Unleaded fuel,I think it might be worth
repeating the gist of an article printed on page 19 of John Kippings 1996
Catalogue entitled A little lead goes a long way.
I'll do it in a seperate posting to this list,and attempt not to use any more
bandwidth than necessary.
And,I'm still interested in anyone elses unleaded experiences,good or bad?
How about it,Australia,Canada,Finland,Norway or other US states?
All thoughts are welcome.
Kind Regards
Leon
(Not panicing,just trying to stay ahead of the pack!)