TR6 radio - followup..

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 radio - followup..
From: Peter J Barrance <pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 09:36:41 -0500 (EST)
A couple of weeks ago I sent a post to the effect that normal shaft-mount
radios will work in an unmodified TR6 dash support. Another lister said
that he had found this not to be so due to the holes in the support for
the shafts being too close.

Having had the support out of the car for work on gearbox, I find that I
can confirm his point of view. I guess my holes have been elongated maybe
1/2" on each side. I have a JVC radio cassette. Hadn't realized the
'modification' to the support before.

Hope I didn't cause any inconvenience by the misinformation!

Pete