tr6 front engine mounts

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tr6 front engine mounts
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 16:56:17 -0700
I just checked the front engine mounts I got from BPNW earlier this year
and noticed that they are quite different from the originals in my car.
There are two main differences:

1. The threaded bolts are quite a bit longer on the new ones and the
threaded portion does not go all the way to the metal plate like the old
ones do. Thus I would need to add a spacer of some sort (or a couple of
washers) under the nyloc nuts in order to tighten the mounts.

2. The rubber part of the mounts is not fully solid like my originals.
Instead there are a couple of cutouts (not all the way through) on the
smallest of the ends. I am not sure if these would affect the
durability.

My main question is if these are the same mounts as TRF & Moss sell or
are they a lesser (or just different) design?

I don't really want to have to add spacers/washers if the other vendors
provide a more accurate reproduction of the original mounts.

Thanks for any comments.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada