Interior restoration

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Interior restoration
From: hobrien@webos1.com (Will O'Brien)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:07:37 -0600
The new project:
I'm restoring a 1977 Spitfire 1500 that sat in a lot for the past 7 years.
I've been removing the old paint - Originally yellow, then silver - and
priming the exposed surfaces until I take it to the shop to be repainted.
The latest issues are:
Brake work:
The front cylinders are all siezed, needs new shoes.
I've rebuilt the master brake cylinder.
Haven't touched the rear brakes yet.
I can get rebuilt calipers from my local shop for $40 a piece.  Anyone know
of anyplace better?
Also reccomindations for the rear brakes would be good as well.  I'm
planning on replacing the rear cylinders and all the inner parts as well.

Ignition:
I had the engine running a couple of weeks ago when I had time, (Electronic
Ignition).  But now I can't get spark out of the distributor.
I am getting spark out of the coil.
I replaced the cap, rotor, wires and plugs.
The rotor is turning.
Ideas?

Interior:
I may have seats and door custom made.  Any reccomindations for when I have
it done?  I have read the stuff on www.vtr.org.  I get to do the whole
thing, so any ideas or experiences are welcome.

Thanks.

Will

Will O'Brien
OS Design & Consulting