Re: You guys think you're so smaat

To: KMNTR6@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: You guys think you're so smaat
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 22:55:20 EST
In a message dated 97-12-17 19:18:54 EST, KMNTR6@AOL.COM writes:

> I had a TR6 question the other day where I put on a new/used fuseblock and
>  afterwards my parking light circuit wouldn't go off. Well I got various
>  suggestions and then last night I got a call froma fellow RTR member and we
>  checked wiring connections between his '74 & my '74. All were correct. We
>  thought that maybe I had toasted wires in my harness. I called my mechanic
> and
>  with his experience with LBCs (he was the British Leyland dealer here) he
> told
>  me "you dummy, you've installed the fuseblock upside down". And guess
what..
>  reversed it and everything works just fine. It turns out there is a bridge
>  between two of the terminals in the fuseblock and when it's upside down it
>  just doesn;t work. A lesson learned.

Ken:

A) Your chances of getting a correct answer is greatly improved by providing
the correct information. In your original post, you said "parking brake
circuit." In this post, you say "parking light circuit." There is a big
difference when trying to trouble shoot the problem.

B) There is no, repeat, NO, bridge on a standard TR6 fuse block. If you have a
bridge, then you have the wrong fuse block, your LBC mechanic friend not-
withstanding. If you do have a bridge, then you also have other problems that
you are just not aware of yet. If you had the correct block, upside-down or
right-side-up, there would be no difference.

C) I can assure you that you'll not get another wrong answer from me. In order
to get a wrong answer, you first have to get an answer, and this lister will
not bother you again with an answer to your questions. I spent quite a bit of
time looking into your question, and based on the information you provided, my
answer was and is correct.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74