Front suspension reinforcements, TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front suspension reinforcements, TR6
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:32:45 -0800
John wrote:
>I have been looking at some add on support brackets listed in the Moss catalog
>to strengthen part of a TR6 frame up in the front near the main suspension
>mountings. Did some cars come with this modification from the factory? How
>important is it to add this extra support?
>Take care,
>John H. in Minneapolis

John:

I believe you are referring to the gussets added to the sides of the 4
front suspension lower wishbone mounting brackets.  If memory serves, these
gussets were added in '72 to address the problems experienced with the
brackets breaking loose from the frame.  Apparently the gussets were
adequate to prevent any further problems with this area.  My '73 has the
gussets.  It is my opinion, though I have no personal experience to back
this up, that adding the gussets would be a wise move, particularly if you
plan to beef up your suspension at all.

Hope this helps!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732