Suspension components

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: Suspension components
From: WINDOWSEET <WINDOWSEET@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 20:49:29 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Barry;

Thanks for your opinion, but I think the added stress of street driving here
in Michigan with pot holes and less than smooth streets requires the extra
reinforcement when stiffening up the suspension. The a-arm on the drivers side
has a cracked bushing housing from a failed rubber bushing. Cracked along the
seam (factory must have used seamed tubing) of the housing.

I would agree that a Spit suspension used in racing wouldn't need the
reinforcement but a rally car might. That kind of pounding would be more akin
to hard street driving. In fact, that kind of hard street driving broke the
rear shock mount on my GT6+. I believe that the rubber mounted suspensions in
these cars were pretty compliant and soaked up a lot of forces. Adding rigid
nylatron bushings will feed those forces into all the components and a little
judicious stiffening won't take much time and is good insurance IMHO.

Greg