Re: ignition troubles

To: "Will O'Brien" <hobrien@webos1.com>
Subject: Re: ignition troubles
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:15:55 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Will O'Brien wrote:

> I've got a 77 Spitfire 1500
> w/ Lucas Distributor and Allison Electronic Ignition.
> For some reason no spark is getting to the plugs.
> Spack is getting to the cap from the coil.
> Somewhere between the connection between the coil wire and the cap and the
> sparkplug wires and
> the cap the signal is being loast or blocked and the engine will not run.
>
> We set the timing and checked everything.
> The optical sensor on the distributor is working and the spark is strong.
>
> Ideas???

Will,
I can think of a few things to check.

1. Did you remember to put the rotor back on?  (Just thought I'd ask?)

2. Did you set the sensor to actuate  when the rotor is on a plug contact.  If
it fires between contacts the spark will be lost.

3. Are the rotor and cap the proper mates?

Those are the only things that I can think of that will stop the spark in the
manner you suggest.

Let me know how it comes out.

Joe Curry