Hearld vs. Spitfire front springs

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Hearld vs. Spitfire front springs
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 06:46:55 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andy (or anybody),
Do you know the spring rates of the Hearld vs. the Spitfire.  What I need
is a slightly, around 50 lbs, heavier spring rate than the latest Spitfire
spring with the same installed height.  In other words with the heavier
engine it sits about a 1/2 inch too low and I would like to get it back to
normal.  I would like to replace the springs in the Spitfire, (with the
slightly heavier V6) and want to get rid of the 1/2 inch spacers to restore
the ride height to normal.  GT6 springs are much too stiff and are for a
much heavier engine.  A thought had just occurred to me (as they some times
do) that possibly the Hearld was just a bit heavier, and these might be
just the ticket - any thoughts? conclusions? comments? -

- - -Happy Holidays to all - - -

Barry Schwartz
bschwart@pacbell.net