TR6 electronic ignition

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 electronic ignition
From: LBOTTOM2 <LBOTTOM2@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 08:56:23 EST
Recently placed an Ignitor Electronic Ignition into my TR6...fits under the
distributor cap and replaces the points and condenser. Started right up, but
ran horribly. After a couple of spins around the block I took off the cap and
found it filled with dust and that plastic around the contacts had been broken
away in a couple of spots. Took it out, put back the old guts, checked the
point gap, advanced the timing to 12 BTDC and now it is running like a top. Is
this common with the Ignitor system or did I do something wrong? Not much to
putting it together, so I can't see what I did wrong there. Thanks...

Steve Longbottom
Media, Pa
72 TR6
75 TR7