Re: Dash lights.

To: toryj@bellsouth.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dash lights.
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 15:59:59 EST
In a message dated 97-12-21 09:56:35 EST, toryj@bellsouth.net writes:

> This brings me to my current problem.
>  I removed the old signal assemly and replaced it with the working one.
>  Now, the horn, blinkers, and windshield wipers work fine, but after the
>  replacement, the speedometer and tach lights will not come on. Is this a
>  coincidence? or is there some correlation here? Any suggestions will
>  again be very much appreciated.

Troy:

Most likely, just a coincidence. This happens quite often when working under
the dash. The light sockets sometimes get pulled out of their holders, and the
connectors get pulled loose from all the pushing and pulling going on while
doing the other work under there.

The lights are on a different circuit than the turn signals, horn, etc. Since
the other gauge lights work, it is safe to assume that you have power to and
from the dash light dimmer, so the problem is in the immediate area of the
tach/speedo. Check the lights to be sure they are fully inserted, and check
the red/white wires and their connectors. One of these two items will surely
fix your problem. If not, let me know, and we will try again.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74