Re: Younger .... older?

To: "Paul Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Younger .... older?
From: pearesto@totcon.com (pearesto)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 16:16:48 -0800
Cc: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I grew up in the 80s, and am now 28.  I grew up with Celicas and Supras, as
my father would not let me have the $800 XKE 2+2 that was for sale down the
street.  Something about keeping all those carbs on the V-12 tuned.  I had
to have a reliable car.  Too bad cause try to touch one now under $15000,
especially in the condition of that one.  I had fun though with making my
Supras very fast and noisy and of course my Celica was a convertible.  I
have, in the last 5 years owned many Triumphs and a couple Toyotas, but the
Toyotas are just boring.  Now I know why my cars were so clean back then,
there was nothing to tinker with.  My friend had a TR7 in high school, and
still has it too.  I was not allowed to have one of them either.  Once I
rode in his at speeds in excess of 120mph around corners I was hooked.  My
Toyotas seemed bulky in comparison.  I have great memories though,  and my
HiPo 650 watt stereo never had any rap on it.  But occasionally Pink Floyd
or Queen, and a blast of Phantom of the Opera every so often got the looks
on the beach.  Not to mention the open header with nothing to baffle it but
Ansa tips, but that is a different story and I am beginning to ramble.

John Peacock
70 GT6+
81 TR7
80 TR7 Spider Edition 16v Sprint (For Sale)
Looking for a Spitfire without rust, all else is open to discussion