Re: Massive Oil Leak - HELP!

To: Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@ping.be
Subject: Re: Massive Oil Leak - HELP!
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 13:00:37 +0000
Cc: triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:AD537DB31BDDA30574F2251BF92A3FC1> ^-illegal end of message identification
I had somthing like that happen on the old spitfire engin,
I found it to a cylinder, pison oil rings, problem.
Don't know what, I got a short engin for 30 quid, and havent
looked back.  On my car the symptoms were a trail of smoke,
as dence as a decent fog, no oil, running rough, and
oil beaing blown out the dip stick all over the engin.

So I loosened the sparkplugs, and turned it over, the plugs
all wiggled except for cylider two.  When I got the head off,
I found that half the piston was missing, but with no evedence
of any thing else beaind damaged, the cylinder walls looked fine
for an engin of that milage.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot