Brake Drums

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake Drums
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:48:28 -0500
I recently picked up a pair of used brake drums to replace the originals
on my '80 Spit -- which were cracked.  They are currently at the machine
shop to be trued/turned.  Before it can be done, the shop wants to know
the acceptable tolerance for the drum.  I recall that it was on the
outer surface of the original drums (which went out with the trash this
morning), but there is no such marking on the surface of these drums.
It's the same drum on all Spits ('62-'80).  Anyone have one sitting in
front of them that can quote me the tolerance?

Much appreciated
Ed Hamilton