Hark The Herald !

To: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley), amace@unix2.nysed.gov, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hark The Herald !
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 09:54:04 EST
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Subject: Re: Happy Holidays

Andy writes:

>I'll be away from work and, therefore, somewhat less active on e-mail ;-)
>until January 5, 1998. So I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a
>very happy holiday season!

Same to you Andy and all the other list members!   Let's hope our UK
friends don't clean out Santa's sleigh before he gets to the colonies.
:-)

>I'm dreaming of a white Herald
>Just like the one I used to drive
>With its red interior
> and top inferior
>I wish it were still alive

He he...don't quit the library just yet.  I'm still waiting for you to
complete your last song:

"Hark, the Herald axles swing..."  :-)

Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits

Hi Tom & Andy.
So what makes you guys think it hasn't been done already?

I have in my mitts a copy of the 'Devon Herald' ,produced by a local chapter
of the TSSC dated December 1984.,within which is a Hymn of Christmas Triumph!

Hark! the herald diff' goes 'ping'
Richard has been hillclimbing;
Toe down hard in all the gears
While bystanders hold their ears.
Feel the oil around your toes,
Where it comes from,heaven knows;
Hear the flapping of the hood,
How come that he thinks it's good?
        Hark! the herald diff' goes 'ping'
        Richard has been hillclimbing.

Spring is here,Vitesse is out,
Christow people scream and shout;
Grab your kids and run for cover
Make sure that you're not run o'er.
Up through Bridford squealing tyres
Hardly music,not like choirs!
He will maybe stop one day,
In the meantime stay away.
         Hark! the herald diff' goes 'ping'
         Richard has been hillclimbing.

Autumn's come,Vit's put away.
In a herald he's okay;
It's not quick,the herald's old
"Reliable car": it's as good as gold.
Ride in here but please don't cough,
You may shake another piece off!
Doors fly open please take care;
Girlfriends flying everywhere!
       Hark! the herald diff' goes 'ping'
       Richard has been hillclimbing.

                    FIN

FWIW: "Diff" or differential is rear axle/final drive unit.
"Richard" is Richard Bruford,a stalwart member of the TSSC Devon Area,or
Chapter as you refer to them in the US.
"Hood" is British term for "Soft-Top"
"Christow" is the small Devon village where TSSC Devon is centred,and where
Richard lives.
"Bridford" is the nearby country market town.
"Autumn" is English for "Fall"
"Girlfriends flying everywhere" is a pretty accurate description-for which i
can personally vouch-of what usually follows on from the heralds' propensity
for flailing doors,resulting from usually worn door catches and hinges.
Herald doors,BTW weigh in at 4.5 stone each and are 47.5 inches long.
so they flail quite easily,(mind out for cars,lamp posts,pedestrians,bicylcles
etc!)

I hope that is now all clear.
Holiday regards
Leon