Re: Bad Battery?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bad Battery?
From: "birdy" <p.bird@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 01:37:25 -0000
First thing I would do would be to change the HT leads,points,condensor and
check all low tension connections to the coil and distibutor. If these are
the problem the extra batteryhelps create a decent spark while the original
spins the motor.
TR's are a bitch to start at the best of times (the motoring press said the
same thing at time of launch of the tr6)If your ignition is not the dogs
nuts then the car starts to screw batteries quickly.

I got mine started after five years of sitting still. It took three hours,
three bateries linked with jump leads. Lots of WD40 and we had to heat the
plugs up on the stove. Eventually it started with a splutter running on
four,then five and then finally six. JOY and rapture. I gave the car a
quick check over and then took it out for a quick blast. How i have lived
without that noise for so long I will never know.

Dont they handle funny with partially flat cracked tyres?

Happy boxing Day

birdy