triumph 4-cyl

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: triumph 4-cyl
From: John Rodgers <The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 12:08:42 +1300
Hey

I would doubt that Triumph would flog a Citroen design of all things...

        (only the design for mercedes hoods for the Stag!!)

A question regarding Triumph Slant Fours Engines:

We all know about the Saab/Triumph link up with the smaller capacity
engine and the later expansion by Triumph to make the 2 Litre TR7
engine...

And that Saab re-engineered their motor, after being horrified by the
wickedly large tolerances Triumph used...and that the Saab motor was
later turbocharged...

THE QUESTION IS...

Has anyone ever put a Turbocharged Saab slant into a
TR7/Dolomite/Toledo??

(And have you heard of the Toledo TS?  A factory proposal, after it was
discovered that the two-door Toledo had a very promising performance
chassis - the body shell would be strenghtened and the motor enlarged (I
forget what they looked at powering it with)

my brother has a two-door tolly...I must talk to him ;-}

I know a guy here in NZ who repowered a two door Toledo with the 2L TR7
motor, with cosworth pistons, extractors, etc...

200kph.  No Kidding.

Seeya,

Chris Rodgers

1971 2000MKII