Survey, TR3 Reliabilty, Triumph Bicycles

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Survey, TR3 Reliabilty, Triumph Bicycles
From: "Richard S Augustine" <raugusti@shepards.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 97 11:18:56 MST
Hi all, just catching up on the digests after only being at work sporadically.

Survey:
Age 34
wt. 200 lbs.
ht. 6' 5"
sex: Male
Triumph TR3

TR3 reliability:

I used my TR3 as a daily driver for 7 years before it got to the point that it
really needed alot of attention.  In fact it still has the studded snow tires
on it,  it was winter when I quit driving it. The PO used it as an only car
until she stuck it in the garage for 20 years.  Its now in the garage for a
full restoration.  These cars make great drivers especially since they are so
easy to work on.  The hard top would be a must for winter driving for me,
makes it all nice and warm inside, just remember to duck when going over
bumps!

Now a question.  What is the relationship of the Triumph Bicycle company to
the Triumph marque?  Is it an off shoot of the motorcycle company?  My mother
picked up a Triumph Bicycle for me at a thrift shop for $20, so it got my
interest up.

Please copy any replys to me directly, as I am on the digest.

Thanks.  Scott.

Scott Augustine, Colorado Springs, CO
raugusti@shepards.com
'70 Malibu Conv., '65 Malibu Conv., '59 TR-3A
'53 Morris Minor, '66 Amphicar, '74 VW Thing, etc. etc.
soon to add '61 Vette.