Re: TR4A Questions

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A Questions
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 07:13:53 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Brad Kahler wrote:

> Thanks to Steve Connolley I'm not the proud owner of a TR4A.
> Unfortunately I won't be getting the car home for a month or so!!  So
> all I can do is ask questions of you other TR4A owners out there.
>
> 1)      How many of you own TR4A's that have the solid rear axle.

I have 2 solid axle TR4As, both 1967s

> 2)      Are the seat sliders the same as in the Spitfire MK1 and MK2's

Don't know.

> 3)      Is the radio blanking plate for the TR4A the same as on the early
>         Spitfires

Don't know.

> 4)      Were HS6 carbs fitted to the 66 year models.

My 67s both have HS6s, thankfully.

> 5)      What is the length and width of the car (I'm trying to make room
>         in my garage!)

Specifications I have indicate a length of 13 feet and a width of 4
feet, 10 inches (I didn't measure mine, although I could.).

> 6)      Are there replacement metal battery boxes available?  (all the
>         catalogs seem to show is plastic)

There should only be a shelf.  The plastic battery boxes where an
aftermarket addition, but a very good idea to have.

> I am sure I'll have more questions coming.  TIA.
>
> Brad
>
> 1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L
> 1964 TR4                  CT72398L
> 1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net
1967 TR4A my first car, owned since 1973
1967 TR4A former parts car
1962 TR3B former SCCA race car
1962 TR3B street car, owned since 1978
1954 Austin-Healey 100 (M?)