Re: TR6 10:1 head

To: rcarley@uoguelph.ca
Subject: Re: TR6 10:1 head
From: Jochen.Saal@t-online.de (Jochen Saal)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:41:37 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Robert,

simply grinding the head is certainly not enough to get extra power. You should
also consider to replace and to smooth the in/outlets. A *must* is to check
whether the length of your push rods (valves) aren’t too long.

I highly recommend to overhaul all bearings in case the engine already ran many
miles. If you only rework the head without doing the bottom, you will soon have
some push rods / crank shaft bearing failure.

Never modify a cylinder head without an engine rebuild unless the engine is
fairly new or just ran 10000 to 15000 miles.

Other than that, a 10:1 CR need higher rated gas, which maybe not a big issue
in
the US but it is in Europe. Gas is very expensive (tax) here, the high
(premium)
rated more of cause.

Hope that helps,

best regards,