cooling fans and generators

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: cooling fans and generators
From: "Theis, Karl J" <karl.j.theis@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 14:38:11 -0700
questions for the list:
        With summer and 90 deg F days fast approaching I need to swap
out the metal mechanically-driven cooling fan in my '67 GT6 and replace
it with either a plastic  mechanically-driven  one or an electric one.
I believe the plastic ones are more efficient than the older metal fans
but I don't think I'll gain enough cooling capability to handle the
really hot days here.  So I'm leaning toward going electric. My question
is:  will the generator on the car be able to handle the added load of
the electric cooling fan or should I do the alternator swap at the same
time as the fan swap?
Thanks in advance,
Karl Theis